Last revised: December 6, 2020
- Information That We Collect
- How We Use and Share Your Information
- Access to Your Information and Choices
- Security of Your Information
- California Privacy Rights
- Consent to Processing of Personal Data in United States
- Right to Non-Discrimination
- Questions and How Contact Us
- INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide to us, for example when you:
- create or modify your account,
- register to use our Site,
- purchase products or services from us or our clients,
- request information from us,
- contact customer support, or
- otherwise communicate with us or use our Site in commerce.
This information may include:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Payment information (credit card or debit card number, expiration date and credit card security code – solely for payment purposes)
- Date of birth
- User name and password
- Any other information you upload or share through the Site
Please note Bubolo Medical does not practice medicine or provide medical care through the general information available on the site. We do not provide or intend to provide answers to medical-related questions through the information generally available on the site. Furthermore, if you are connected to a medical provider through our platform, you may also be asked to submit certain confidential information during the sign-up process, as well as demographic and other information relevant to diagnosis and treatment, such as lifestyle and general medical history (e.g. conditions, allergies etc.) You will be able to send confidential messages and communicate with a doctor regarding your diagnosis and treatment. Bubolo Medical will keep these messages private and confidential. Except Bubolo Medical may, and you specifically allow Bubolo Medical to, deidentify and aggregate the demographic and other information shared through the Site.
We understand that information about you and your health is personal. Because of this, we strive to maintain the confidentiality of your health information. We continuously seek to safeguard that information through administrative, physical and technical means, and otherwise abide by applicable federal and state guidelines.
Information We Collect Automatically Through Your Use of our Site
We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”) to collect certain information relating to your use of the Site. Google Analytics uses “cookies,” which are text files placed on your computer, to help the Site analyze how users use the site. You can find out more about how Google uses data when you visit our Site by visiting “How Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps,” (located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/). We may also use Google Analytics Advertising Features or other advertising networks to provide you with interest-based advertising based on your online activity. For more information regarding Google Analytics please visit Google's website, and pages that describe Google Analytics, such as www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html. To learn more about interest-based advertisements and your opt-out rights and options, visit the Digital Advertising Alliance and the Network Advertising Initiative websites (www.aboutads.info and www.networkadvertising.org). Please note that if you choose to opt out, you will continue to see ads, but they will not be based on your online activity.
Information Collected Through Cookies and Similar Technologies
No Information from Individuals Under the Age of 18
If you are under the age of 18, please do not attempt to register with us at this Site or provide any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from someone under 18, we will promptly delete that information. If you believe we have collected personal information from someone under the age of 18, please Contact Us as described below.
- HOW WE USE AND SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We use and disclose your health information for the normal business activities that the law sees as falling in the categories of treatment, payment and healthcare operations. Below we provide examples of those activities, although not every use or disclosure falling within each category is listed:
- Treatment Coordination – We keep a record of the health information you provide us. This record may include your test results, diagnoses, medications, your response to medications or other therapies, and information we learn about your medical condition through the Services.
- Payment – We document the services and supplies you receive when we are providing care to you so that you or another third party can pay us.
- Operations – Health information is used to improve the services we provide, for business management, quality assessment and improvement, and for customer service.
- To Provide Products, Services, and Information. We collect information from you and use the information to:
- provide products and services that you order using the Site;
- register and service your online account;
- provide information that you request from us;
- contact you about our services or information you requested;
- process credit card and debit card transactions;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our services;
- send you promotional materials or advertisements about our products and services, as well as new features and offerings;
- administer surveys, sweepstakes, promotions and contests;
- provide interest-based targeted advertising to you; and,
any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
We may also use your health information to:
- Comply with federal, state or local laws that require disclosure.
- Assist in public health activities such as tracking diseases or medical devices.
- Inform authorities to protect victims of abuse or neglect.
- Comply with federal and state health oversight activities such as fraud investigations.
- Respond to law enforcement officials or to judicial orders, subpoenas, or other process.
- Inform coroners, medical examiners, and funeral directors of information necessary for them to fulfill their duties.
- Facilitate organ and tissue donation or procurement.
- Conduct research following internal review protocols to ensure the balancing of privacy and research needs.
- Avert a serious threat to health or safety.
- Assist in specialized government functions such as national security, intelligence and protective services.
- Recommend treatment alternatives.
- Tell you about health-related products and services.
- Communicate within our organization for treatment, payment, or healthcare operations.
- Communicate with other providers, health plans, or their related entities for their treatment or payment activities, or health care operations activities relating to quality assessment and improvement, care coordination and the qualifications and training of healthcare professionals;
- Provide information to other third parties with whom we do business, such as a record storage provider. However, you should know that in these situations, we require third parties to provide us with assurances that they will safeguard your information.
- We may also use or disclose your personal or health information for operational purposes. For example, we may communicate with individuals involved in your care or payment for that care, such as friends and family and send appointment reminders.
We may use De-Identified Information created by us without restriction.
Sharing with Third Parties.
Healthcare Providers. We share your personal information with various healthcare affiliates, doctors and relevant medical staff in connection with your diagnosis and treatment.
Vendors and Services Providers. We may provide information to third-party vendors and service providers that help us operate and manage our Site, process orders, and fulfill and deliver products and services that you purchase or request from us. These vendors and service providers will have access to your personal information in order to provide these services, but when this occurs we implement reasonable contractual and technical protections to limit their use of that information to helping us provide the service.
Corporate Affiliates. We may share your personal information with our corporate affiliates which are subject to this policy and applicable law.
We belong to ad networks that may use your browsing activity across participating websites to show you interest-based advertisements on those websites. Currently, our Site does not recognize if your browser sends a “do not track” signal or similar mechanism to indicate you do not wish to be tracked or receive interest-based ads. To learn more about interest-based advertisements and your opt-out rights and options, visit the Digital Advertising Alliance and the Network Advertising Initiative websites (www.aboutads.info and www.networkadvertising.org). Please note that if you choose to opt out, you will continue to see ads, but they will not be based on your online activity.
Social Media. If you use third-party services, such as Facebook, Google, or Twitter, through the Site, to login to the Site, or to share information about your experience on the Site with others, these third-party services may be able to collect information about you, including information about your activity on the Site, and they may notify your connections on the third-party services about your use of the Site, in accordance with their own privacy policies.
Public Posts and Activities. If you choose to engage in public activities on the Site, you should be aware that any information you share there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these areas. You should use caution in disclosing personal information while participating in these areas. We are not responsible for the information you choose to submit in these public areas. Any user posting in these public areas understands and acknowledges that there is no expectation of privacy for the information in these public areas.
Your Consent. In addition to the sharing described elsewhere in this Policy, we will share personal information with companies, organizations, or individuals outside of Bubolo Medical when we have your consent to do so.
Legal Proceedings. We will share personal information with third-party companies, organizations or individuals outside of Bubolo Medical if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, subpoena, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of Bubolo Medical, our users, customers or the public as required or permitted by law.
- ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION AND CHOICES
You can access and update certain information we have relating to your online account by signing into your account and going to the Account section of our Site. If you have questions about personal information we have about you or need to update your information, you can Contact Us as described below.
- SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use industry standard physical, technical and administrative security measures and safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information. However, since the Internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot guarantee, ensure, or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information. Please note that emails and other communications you send to us through our Site are not encrypted, and we strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential information through these means.
- CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under California’s "Shine the Light" law, California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us once (1) a calendar year information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g. requests made in 2018 will receive information regarding 2017 sharing activities).
To obtain this information, please send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Request for California Privacy Information" on the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you at your email address in response. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the "Shine the Light" requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
Nevada law gives Nevada consumers the right to request that a company not sell their personal information. This right applies even if their personal information is not currently being sold. If you are a Nevada resident and wish to exercise this right, please submit your request by emailing email@example.com. Please allow up to 60 days for a response.
- CONSENT TO PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA IN UNITED STATES
This Site is intended for use only by residents of the U.S. If you are a citizen of the European Economic Area (EEA) or other jurisdiction outside of the U.S., please note that in order to provide our Site, products and services to you, we may send and store your personal information (also commonly referred to as personal data) outside of the EEA, including to the United States. Accordingly, your personal information may be transferred outside of the country where you reside or are located, including to countries that may not or do not provide the same level of protection for your personal information. We are committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personal information when it is transferred. Where such transfers occur, we take appropriate steps to provide the same level of protection for the processing carried out in any such countries as within the EEA to the extent feasible under applicable law. By using and accessing our Site, users who reside or are located in countries outside of the United States agree and consent to the transfer to and processing of personal information on servers located outside of the country where they reside, and that the protection of such information may be different than required under the laws of their residence or location.
- QUESTIONS AND HOW TO CONTACT US
Bubolo Medical, LLC
3889 Cobb Pkwy NW,
Acworth, GA 30101
Phone: (770) 975-1299